Monday

The Kafue River Cliff Experience.....

A view of the Kafue River Cliff from the Lady Betty Boat.
Kafue is a small town located in the outskirts of Lusaka, about 47km from Lusaka City and it takes about an hour to get there. Just about 7km from Kafue town, is Kafue River Cliff. The sign post for the Cliff is on your left side if you are coming from Lusaka and thats where you branch off from to go to the Kafue River Cliff. When you turn, the road isn't bad, its a gravel road but it has been maintained quite well.
Just Arrived!! with my girlfriends
My friends and I decided to go for a boat cruise last Saturday as part of the Easter Holiday celebrations. We started off from Lusaka around 10:30am and we got there around 12:30.pm. We were delayed on the road because of the traffic police who were doing some check-ups on the road. We passed two traffic road-blocks, one in Lilayi town and the other past Chilanga town. Make sure that you have all the papers for your vehicle and your drivers licence if you are the one driving..,those police officers are HARD lol!! Apart from that, we took a bit of time taking pictures with some cows along the way. It was lots of fun!

When you reach the gate at the Kafue River Cliff, you pay k15.00 as entry fee per person. I didn't find out if the charges vary for adults and children though. For the Lady Betty Boat Cruise, its k100.00 per person. I can't give you the prices in dollars for the exchange rate keeps changing all the time.
Its Lunch Time! Bon appetit!
When we got there, it was already lunch time and we had to order some food. Believe me, the best meal to order is the bream fish! it is delicious, it is very fresh from the Kafue River and it is smocked. They serve it with some french fries and some salads. You better be very hungry because the fish is very big.

The Lady Betty Boat

We went there because of the famous Lady Betty Boat Cruise which goes along the Kafue river twice a day taking people. The first trip is at 2pm and the last cruise is at 4pm (the sunset cruise they call it, its the one we picked). the cruise is for two hours only and you better hurry if you are planning to get on the sunset cruise because it gets full fast...,by the time its 4pm, the tickets are sold out. We were smart enough to get the tickets the moment we got there and before we could even have lunch. There is always a DJ playing some music in the garden so you don't get bored waiting. They also have a small play area where there is a play house for the kids.

Wish I caught some fish ;-( 

After having lunch, while we were waiting for our boat cruise, i found myself with some Chines guys who were catching some fish and hey, why not try and learn to catch some fish with these guys while we are waiting for the cruise lol! That didn't go very well.., I didn't catch any fish.

THE WHOLE TRIP IN PICTURES.......HAVING LOTS OF FUN WITH MY LADIES.

Getting ready for the trip

On the Lady Betty Boat


Kids play area





"HAVE AS MUCH FUN IN YOUR LIFE AS YOU CAN, FOR LIFE IS TOO DAMN SHORT NOT TO!"

6 comments:

  1. EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 217-5388

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ,,am interested to come here ,,so help me with the budget approximate the cost for me plz ,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog post. Thanks for posting such an excellent post with us :)
    Luton airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job, Keep it up. Miami sunset cruise

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...