Monday

GEMSTONES OF ZAMBIA.

Mila Kunis wearing jewellery made of the Zambian Emerald
When it comes to mining, Zambia is best known for its copper which contributes to a larger percentage of its economy. Actually Zambia is ranked at number seven of the largest copper producers in the world. It generates 3.3% of the copper to the western world and it is also known for being the second producer of cobalt in the world. She comes in as the second largest producer of cobalt in the world at 19.7%. Apart from this, there has been significant quantities of selenium, silver, platinum and some gold. There is also some precious gemstones that have found themselves on the market and highly contributing to the economy of the country and they are being appreciated by the western world markets.

                    GEMSTONES
There are quite a number of precious stones that are found in Zambia.


AMETHYST- This is purple in colour. It belongs to macro crystalline branch of quartz and it is the most popular and the most valuable stone. About 700 tonnes of Amethyst is produced annually in Zambia. These precious stones  are found in Mapatizy area in Mwakambiko Hills and Mumbwa-Namwala areas of Zambia.        
AQUAMARINE- This is blue or sometimes it may look blue-green---aqua. This stone is famous for its beautiful and breathtaking sea-blue colours. The name Aquamarine was derived from an old Latin expression meaning "Seawater". These are found in Lundazi, Mukushi and Itezhi-tezhi of Zambia



EMERALD- This is green in colour. The name actually comes from the old French word "Esmeralda" which was taken from a Greek word "smaragdos" which means "green stone" The Zambian Emeralds are the most favourite in the world because of its bluish green colour which is similar to that of Colombia's "emerald-green". These are found in Miku-Kafubu area.


                                         
TOURMALINE- This actually means "mixed", it comes from sinhalese word "turmali". They come in different mixed colours hence the name. These are found in the Eastern part of Zambia, Lundazi.
GARNET- Garnet is not a single mineral but a group of several related minerals. The most common garnets in Zambia are the red ones (mixture of pyrope and almandine), Rhodolite (pale of violet type of pyrope) and Spessartite (orange to red-brown variate). They are found in Lundazi, Eastern Zambia.


Other gemstones found in Zambia include Beryl, Topaz, Opal, Agates and Citrine.
                                                                                   
Citrine

Agates

Blue Topaz
Opal         



30 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment too. And thank you for finding this information helpful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am happy to learn about our gemstonesin my country.

      Delete
  2. Wow, amazing and useful info about the gemstones. Thanks for these sharing.
    Kalpana Sreekanth | Kalpana Srikaanth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are dealing with gem stones. I'm a srilankan national. If you interested to buy stones please contact me on via WhatsApp below
      +94774631731

      Delete
  3. We are looking color stones dealers from Lusaka or Lundazi to buy a rough stones. Please contact me on via WhatsApp below
    +94774631731

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need raw stones. Please contact on phone or whatsapp +91 9953 438 789

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are u still i n need of raw stones?

      Delete
  5. Glad that i came about your informative blog.We would really appreciate your advice on gemstones colours.
    gemstone cuts
    cut loose gemstones
    Semi-Precious Gemstones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you a dealer OR importer / buyer of gemstones ?
      send email to miningzam@gmail.com

      Delete
  6. Thank's for this innovative research just enjoying this business and looking for more information will never get tired of learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 217-5388

    ReplyDelete
  8. EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com},
    God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 217-5388

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Post. I appreciate all above the point you discussed in your content. I also a content writer and explore many ideas on this niche. Right now, I have several blogs related to Zodiac Signs and Astrological gemstones. You can love to read them on mPanchang.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a gemstones and gold dealer based in Lusaka Zambia. Contact me on whatsApp +260975309644 If you raw stones/gold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are u still need of raw stones?

      Delete
  11. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all informative pieces of information. May I know those dealing in gem stones in Lusaka.
    Email me please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have tourmaline and garnets. Any buyer in Lusaka?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like I have one of the precious stone

    ReplyDelete
  15. How does one start a small gemstone buying and selling business in Zambia.
    Please can someone on the know advise?
    Rds.
    Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anyone with more information about precious stones please call on +260764108177 I have good place were you can find quality stones this is the place were land get bright at night by underground stones

    ReplyDelete
  17. DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN???
    INSTANT AFFORDABLE PERSONAL/BUSINESS/HOME/INVESTMENT LOAN OFFER WITHOUT COST/STRESS CONTACT US TODAY VIA Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    Hello, Do you need an urgent loan to support your business or in any purpose? we are certified and legitimate and international licensed loan Company. We offer loans to Business firms, companies and individuals at an affordable interest rate of 2% , It might be a short or long term loan or even if you have poor credit, we shall process your loan as soon as we receive your application. we are an independent financial institution. We have built up an excellent reputation over the years in providing various types of loans to thousands of our customers. We Offer guaranteed loan services of any amount to people all over the globe, we offer easy Personal loans,Commercial/business loan, Car Loan Leasing/equipment finance, Debt consolidation loan, Home loan, ETC with either a good or bad credit history. If you are in need of a loan do contact us via Whatsapp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com
    ®Capital Managements Inc™ 2021.
    Share this to help a soul right now, Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm looking for buyers for sodalite

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am looking for buyer for agate. Large stone weighing 26kg

    deophinebwalya@yahoo.com is my contact

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...